Most Popular Funeral Music
Music has always played an important part in funeral and memorial services. Today, perhaps, more than ever as services are increasingly about celebrating a life. So, while hymns remain important, they are today joined more and more by favourite personal choices of either classical pieces or popular songs that perhaps evoke happy memories.
Here are a selection of the most popular choices played at Waveney Memorial Park & Crematorium:
- Cavalleria rusticana – Pietro Mascagni
- Gabriels Oboe (no intro) – Ennio Morricone
- Prelude Is In D Flat – Raindrop – Chopin
- Pavane – Faure (RLPO)
- Largo – New World Symphony – Dvorak – BPO
- Time to say goodbye – Andrea Bocelli / Sarah Brightman
- Every time we say goodbye – Ella Fitzgerald
- Stranger on the shore – Acker Bilk
- Moonlight serenade – Glen Miller
- Wind beneath my wings – Bette Midler
- All Things Bright & Beautiful
- Abide With Me
- The Lord Is My Shepherd
- Love Devine, All Loves Excelling
- And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times
We utilise the Wesley media system to provide a wide-ranging choice of popular and classical songs and music. Many of these choices are already held within our music library at the Crematorium, the content of which is available to view on the Wesley Media website.
- Select”Music Library”
- Then select either”Client General Libraries” for popular music recordings, or”Client Hymn Libraries” for our worship music collection,
- Then select”Waveney Crematorium” from the drop down menu, and click”Search”
- Then simply input the title and/or artist to check what we have in our library by clicking”Search” (clicking”View All” displays the full, unfiltered library)
If we do not have your chosen music this must be booked in advance of the service, by your funeral director.
We can also provide a recording of the complete service on CD, or with visuals on a DV Disc.