Most Popular Funeral Music
Music has always played an important part in funeral and memorial services. Today, perhaps, more than ever as services are increasingly about celebrating a life. So, while hymns remain important, they are today joined more and more by favourite personal choices of either classical pieces or popular songs that perhaps evoke happy memories.
Here are a selection of the most popular choices played at Waveney Memorial Park & Crematorium:
- Cavalleria rusticana – Pietro Mascagni
- Gabriels Oboe (no intro) – Ennio Morricone
- Prelude Is In D Flat – Raindrop – Chopin
- Pavane – Faure (RLPO)
- Largo – New World Symphony – Dvorak – BPO
- Time to say goodbye – Andrea Bocelli / Sarah Brightman
- Every time we say goodbye – Ella Fitzgerald
- Stranger on the shore – Acker Bilk
- Moonlight serenade – Glen Miller
- Wind beneath my wings – Bette Midler
- All Things Bright & Beautiful
- Abide With Me
- The Lord Is My Shepherd
- Love Devine, All Loves Excelling
- And Did Those Feet In Ancient Times
We use the Obitus media system to provide a wide-ranging choice of popular and classical songs and music. Many of these choices are already held in our music library at the Crematorium, and you can search and listen to 30-second samples of all this music on the Obitus website.
- Select “Music Library” or “Hymn Library”
- Enter the password “Memoria”
- Enter the title and/or and select “Search”
If we do not already have your preferred music, please contact your funeral director who can place a special order with Obitus for you.
We can also provide a recording of the complete service on audio CD, or with visuals on a DVD, Blu-ray or USB memory stick.